Have you noticed how we have grown so critical about ourselves? How, we are constantly judging ourselves, comparing ourselves with others in every way possible and disrespecting ourselves, shaming ourselves for all the things that go wrong?
We have this mental image of someone–a touchstone, so to say– who is perfect in every way–physical appearance, emotional stability, and strength, the capability to multi-task with the deftness of a professional juggler–an image in which we never fit!
We lack in some area or the other, and consider ourselves so-not-perfect.
either too thin, or too fat,
lacking in the looks department,
lacking in the self-esteem department, too,
lagging way behind in The Race,
Rarely do we pat our back and congratulate ourselves for having come this far in life; for having faced courageously every hurdle we came across. Instead, we find faults in how we aren’t as talented, ambitious, confident and outgoing as those others, who have it all!
Not for a second do we think that we may not be all that the others are, but we most definitely are what the others are not.
We have a personality of our own; we are capable enough to face every curve ball that comes our way; we are achievers in our own way.
Yes, we have our idiosyncrasies, our shortcomings, our inability to carry out things that others can, but then, it’s these very traits that make us unique, don’t you think?
Why not accept ourselves with our flaws?
Why not appreciate ourselves for the unique way we are created?
10 AFFIRMATIONS TO HELP YOU BECOME YOUR #1 FAN:
I am UNIQUE
I am the only one like me,
I accept myself the way I am.
I am proud of myself.
I have complete trust in my capabilities.
I can do anything I put my mind to.
I am not afraid of failure.
I have the courage to accept defeat because I am confident that someday I shall win!
Success for me is my happiness and my peace of mind.
If others have a problem with me, then it’s there problem, altogether.
6 WAYS TO SHOWER YOURSELF WITH LOVE:
- Each time you look into the mirror, don’t focus on your flaws, but on how those flaws enhance your beauty.
- Send yourself a flying kiss and gush over how awesome you are (It might make you feel like Narcissus, but, believe me, most of the people around are narcissists. So chill!)
- Change your attitude towards yourself.
- Compliment yourself for every little victory and DO NOT criticise yourself for the blunders. Remember, to err is human.
- Be proud of whatever you do, because YOU make a world of difference to someone’s Life!
- And, finally, DO NOT wait for compliments from others. You will have to keep waiting. Instead, compliment yourself!
So, get going, dear reader!
*I am participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge, and my theme this year is ‘SELF-CARE’.
You will find all the posts here