Have you noticed how happy you feel after a visit to a beauty salon? Be it a hair-cut, a mani-pedi, or a head/body massage, pampering your body is one of the most therapeutic activities we indulge in.
Not only do these grooming sessions take care of our body, physically, but mentally and emotionally, too. Of course, not all have the time or even the energy to visit a salon every week/fortnight. But, we definitely can find time to do a little something at least over the weekends, can’t we?
Maybe a mani-pedi, or a facial, a head massage, or exfoliation with ingredients from the kitchen…you can do it all in the comfort and privacy of your home.
Women prioritize all the extra chores that need to be completed over the weekends. Add to it, there’s the school projects that kids need help with. There’s hardly any time left.
But, grooming at home hardly takes a lot of time, really. Believe me, it takes no more than 10 minutes to 40 minutes in the bathroom depending on whether you decide to scrub your feet or your entire body, plus a hair-wash. Yes, I timed it all–I had to write about it here, so the R&D was much-needed!
Also, staying well-groomed is a necessity, not to impress others, but to feel good about yourself!
Women, usually, tend to let themselves go after marriage. Correct me, if I am wrong, but don’t we become ‘lazy’ about grooming matters? I know I was! But, since some years now, grooming is a part of my weekly schedule, and I do it so that I FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF.
“GROOMING IS THE SECRET OF REAL ELEGANCE. THE BEST CLOTHES, THE MOST WONDERFUL JEWELS, THE MOST GLAMOROUS BEAUTY DON’T COUNT WITHOUT GOOD GROOMING.”
TIPS FOR GROOMING AT HOME:
- Use ingredients from the kitchen for preparing face and body scrubs.
- Be gentle with your skin–especially your facial skin.
- A facial done at home might not be your idea of pampering, but trust me, there’s a lot of difference between how a beautician massages and how you do it–you know the kind of pressure you find comfortable.
- Scrub your feet every night. It takes just a few minutes. Apply Vaseline or a foot care cream and you have beautiful feet, free of cracks and dead skin.
- Apply coconut oil to dry hands and feet, at least, at night. The skin soaks it all up and the oil softens your skin better than a chemical-laden cream.
- Include a head massage at least twice a week. Heat some coconut oil, add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Heat for a few minutes. Allow to cool and store in a glass jar. Apply this oil to your hair regularly to reduce hair-fall and dandruff and make your hair stronger and silkier.
- Opt for henna or chemical-free hair colours.
- Look after your hands well. They show the first signs of lack of care.
- Never compare yourself with others. Be happy with how you have been created.
- And, finally, SMILE. It’s the best accessory to enhance your beauty!
I am participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge. My theme this year is ‘SELF-CARE’. You will find all the posts here.