Have you noticed how happy you feel after a visit to a beauty salon? Be it a hair-cut, a mani-pedi, or a head/body massage, pampering your body is one of the most therapeutic activities we indulge in.
Not only do these grooming sessions take care of our body, physically, but mentally and emotionally, too.
Of course, not all have the time or even the energy to visit a salon every week/fortnight. But, we definitely can find time to do a little something at least over the weekends, can’t we?
Grooming at home hardly takes a lot of time, really. Believe me, it takes no more than 20 minutes in the bathroom if you decide to use these simple tips for grooming on an everyday basis.
It also keeps your skin and hair in good condition.
Also, staying well-groomed is a necessity, not to impress others, but to feel good about yourself!
“GROOMING IS THE SECRET OF REAL ELEGANCE. THE BEST CLOTHES, THE MOST WONDERFUL JEWELS, THE MOST GLAMOROUS BEAUTY DON’T COUNT WITHOUT GOOD GROOMING.”
Sharing today, these simple tips for grooming that I have tried and tested over the years. It leaves me feeling rejuvenated and, most importantly, it’s totally affordable!
The home-remedies don’t burn a hole in my pocket nor do they give me any infections or skin-allergies/side-effects.
TIPS FOR GROOMING AT HOME:
- Use ingredients from the kitchen for preparing face and body scrubs.
- Be gentle with your skin–especially your facial skin.
- A facial done at home might not be your idea of pampering, but trust me, there’s a lot of difference between how a beautician massages and how you do it–you know the kind of pressure you find comfortable.
- Scrub your feet every night. It takes just a few minutes. Apply Vaseline or a foot care cream and you have beautiful feet, free of cracks and dead skin.
- Apply coconut oil to dry hands and feet, at least, at night. The skin soaks it all up and the oil softens your skin better than a chemical-laden cream.
- Include a head massage at least twice a week. Heat some coconut oil, add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Heat for a few minutes. Allow to cool and store in a glass jar. Apply this oil to your hair regularly to reduce hair-fall and dandruff and make your hair stronger and silkier.
- Opt for henna or chemical-free hair colors.
- Look after your hands well. They show the first signs of lack of care.
- Never compare yourself with others. Be happy with how you have been created.
- And, finally, SMILE. It’s the best accessory to enhance your beauty!
I am participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge. My theme this year is ‘SELF-CARE’. You will find all the posts here.