HAPPINESS–the one elusive thing we are in pursuit of, all our lives. Funnily, we look for it in all the wrong places! We look for it in everything we work hard for and expect to work out for us. Little do we realise, that it is not the big things that hold the key to our happiness, but the tiny things in the here and the now that we are so oblivious to–things that are right in front of our eyes, but, which we fail to even acknowledge.
Last year, I wrote a post on 20 things that bring me happiness. Ironically, just after that post, Life took a U-turn and changed my world, completely. It felt like the Universe meant to make sure I practised what I preached:
“Look for happiness in the little things!” it told me.
And, I did!
I am grateful to the Universe for making me aware of the fickleness of Life. I have, since, learned to be truly happy for every thing that happens in Life. And, hence, this post.
HAPPINESS COMES IN TINY PACKETS!
1. My winged babies who fill my world with their shrill whistles and adorable bird-speak.
2. Working from home.
3. Making art, which, I felt, was not my cup of tea, and realising how wrong I was in limiting myself to one particular style thinking that the one I fancied, was difficult.
4. Writing–in my diary, or a post/article. Sheer bliss!
5. Connecting with friends and sisters, who are my much-needed support system.
6. Soaking in the early morning sunshine in my kitchen window. Those few quiet moments of feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, the gentle caress of the cool, morning breeze, feeling one with the Universe, makes me feel blessed!
7. My workout sessions in the mornings and my walks in the evenings–without any company! How I love those silent moments, when all I hear is my breathing and my heartbeat.
8. Dancing to the tune of songs that lift my spirits and leave me feeling energised.
9. Humming a song, with Cookie on my shoulder, humming along in her own parrot-y way.
10. Realising how possessive Cookie is about me–I just can’t get over this one!
11. Realising how emotionally independent I have become in the past year, in spite of the loneliness that threatens to swallow me up, at times.
12. Counting my blessings and appreciating every little thing that worked out for me, and every little thing that did not. There are reasons why the things you wish for, don’t come your way. Be grateful for all your dreams that did not come true. There are better dreams waiting to become a reality!
13. Noticing the improvement in my overall health since I began working on myself–mentally, physically and emotionally. I realise every day how awesome I am!!!
14. Every little victory that comes my way–makes me understand what it is that I am doing right.
15. Watching my friends happy in their world, makes me truly happy.
16. Being showered with love and warmth by an aged neighbour–the way she hugs me, makes me feel like I am with mom (coincidently, her daughter’s name is Shilpa, too!)
17. The canine babies in my neighbourhood, when they leap at me in joy and go crazy demanding my attention.
18. Hearing my babies learning to speak the words I teach them. (although, each time I try to record their chatter, they clam up!)
19. Watching my blog go from strength to strength.
20. And, finally, connecting with you, dear readers, gives me unlimited joy! So, thank you for visiting me, here.
I keep counting all the little things that fill my world with happiness–some, I note down in my diary, and others, I store away in the ‘Happiness’ file, in my memory. And, each time I do so, I send a ‘Thank you’ to the Universe, which is doing its job brilliantly!
What are the little things that bring you joy? Do share with me, or in your blogs. I would love to know.