Have you noticed how we have grown so critical about ourselves? How, we are constantly judging ourselves, comparing ourselves with others in every way possible and disrespecting ourselves for the things that go wrong?
We have this mental image of someone–a touchstone, so to say– who is perfect in every way–physical appearance, emotional stability and strength, capability to juggle a hundred tasks with the deftness of a professional juggler–an image in which we never fit.
We lack in some area or the other, and consider ourselves so-not-perfect.
either too thin, or too fat,
lacking in the looks department,
lacking in the self-esteem department, too,
lagging way behind in The Race,
Rarely do we pat our back and congratulate ourselves for having come this far in life; for having faced courageously every hurdle we came across. Instead, we find faults in how we aren’t as talented, ambitious, confident and outgoing as those others, who have it all!
Not for a second do we think that, we may not be all that the others are, but we most definitely are what the others are not.
We have a personality of our own; we are capable enough to face every curve ball that comes our way; we are achievers in our own way.
Yes, we have our idiosyncrasies, our shortcomings, our inability to carry out things that others can, but then, it’s these very traits that make us unique, don’t you think?
Why not accept ourselves with our flaws?
Why not appreciate ourselves for the unique way we are created?
We are who we are because of how we are.
We are UNIQUE.
We are the ONLY ONE like us.
All we need to do is accept ourselves the way we are and believe in ourselves, our capabilities!
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
‘ADMIRE YOURSELF FOR WHO YOU ARE’
- Each time you look into the mirror, don’t focus on your flaws, but on how those flaws enhance your beauty.
- Send yourself a flying kiss and gush over how awesome you are (It might make you feel like Narcissus, but, believe me, most of the people around are narcissists. So chill!)
- Change your attitude towards yourself.
- Compliment yourself for every little victory and DO NOT criticise yourself for the blunders. Remember, to err is human.
- Be proud of whatever you do, because YOU make a world of difference to someone’s Life!
- And, finally, DO NOT wait for compliments from others. You will have to keep waiting. Instead, compliment yourself!
So, get going, dear reader!
*I am participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge, and my theme this year is ‘SELF-CARE’.
You will find all the posts here